If you are looking at an exterior remodel, you may want to learn more about the siding replacement process.
Understanding what replacing your siding entails will help you choose the right material, the best company, and a suitable aesthetic for your architectural style and neighborhood.
A professional contracting company will have a clear and transparent process from the first discovery call to the final walk-through.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Siding
Here are some signs that it’s time for you to replace the siding on your home.
- Your siding is faded, chipped, or peeling
- You have found warped siding boards
- There is moisture damage and rot
- You have seen mold and mildew
- Your utility bill is higher due to failing insulation
Why is the Siding Replacement Process Important?
The siding replacement process is important because there are several factors to consider when you put new siding on your home.
- You may need to prepare your home by trimming shrubbery and low-hanging branches and removing shelves and pictures from interior walls.
- Your contracting company will remove your old siding and perform a wall inspection. This is why having a siding replacement process is essential because your contracting company will need to assess the state of your wall and make necessary repairs. They might discover rot, damage, or deteriorated sheathing underneath your old siding boards.
- When your old siding is removed, the old insulation will go with it. That means that new insulation needs to be added before the new siding boards can be installed.
- This whole process can be messy, so the last step is to clean up any dust and debris so that your yard is left as beautiful as it was before the remodel began.
Kentucky Home Exteriors Siding Replacement Process
At Kentucky Home Exteriors, we have a customer-focused process with all of our remodeling services.
We offer the best installers that are manufacturer-trained, and our goal is always to meet our client’s needs rather than sell them a product. That means we want our processes to be transparent so that you know what is happening at each stage of your project.
We will send you a daily video update that shows you the progress and any problems that have occurred so that there are no hidden surprises.
We start with a discovery call, discussing your project goals, the timeline, and the budget. This is when we listen to your wants and needs so that we can understand exactly what you expect from the process.
Next, there is a free consultation, where we meet in person to chat through options, understand your vision, and take pictures and measurements. We use a 3D imaging software called Hover, which creates a rendering of your finished house that is accurate up to half an inch.
This gives you a realistic idea of what your finished exterior will look like and can help you choose the best siding colors and designs.
After our consultation, we will provide you with a detailed line item pricing quote so that you know exactly what your project will cost.
We will also provide you with the project renderings that Hover produced so that you can see your design choices in real life.
Once you have accepted the quote, we will create a timeline and a work schedule.
Peace of Mind
At Kentucky Home Exteriors, we guarantee that we will finish on time and within budget. We also have a policy that we will only accept the final payment once you are 100% happy after our final walk-through.
Trust the Professionals with Your Exterior Remodel
A home remodel project is a considerable time and financial commitment. So, if you are interested in learning more about the siding replacement process, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your exterior remodel needs.